Book multiple courses and pay less.
Discounts available if you book multiple courses or have a group.
Call us 1300 668 141
Course is held at Arndell Park or on your site for group training.
Asbestos Awareness Training
Asbestos Awareness training is mandatory for anyone whose normal work duties present a reasonable likelihood of disturbing or coming into contact with asbestos.
This course will provide the knowledge to know what asbestos is, where it is likely to be found, health risks and what to do once asbestos is identified.
What does this course allow me to do?
The following is allowable with awareness training and no licence is required to:
- Remove less than 10 square metres of non-friable asbestos
- Manage ACD (asbestos contaminated dust or debris) that is associated with the removal of less than 10 square metres of non-friable asbestos
- Manage a minor asbestos contamination not associated with the removal of friable or non-friable asbestos.
If you need to perform tasks other than the above, further training is required. Please call SafeWork NSW (previously WorkCover NSW) on 13 10 50 or go to the website
for more information.
- Workers who enter ceiling cavities (such as insulation installers; pest spray operators; air-conditioning installers; maintenance and repair workers; solar panel providers)
- Electricians; plumbers; carpenters and joiners; plasterers; painters and decorators; gas fitters; demolition workers; floor finishers
- Emergency service workers
- Building and construction workers
There are no prerequisites for this course. Learning outcome
On completion of the course, participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge to:
- Legislation: WHS and Codes of Practice
- Uses of asbestos and likely occurrence in buildings and plant
- Risk Management: Health risks, PPE and equipment to minimise risk
- Identify, prepare and work safely with asbestos materials
- Safe Work Practices
Total duration is 3-4 hours. Training and assessment is conducted on the same day.
- Presentation, discussion and activities
Upon successful completion of the course, a Statement of Completion and a convenient wallet sized card is issued by Workplace Training Centre.
Training can be conducted at Workplace Training Centre’s facilities located in Arndell Park NSW.
Training can also be conducted on your site providing the following requirements are met:
- Training room with tables, chairs and screen (or blank wall for a projector)
Travel and parking costs may apply to onsite training.
Fees and Charges
The course fee is at a rate of $150.00 per person (GST exempt).
This fee includes all course materials.
Please contact us for group training rates.
Where Workplace Training Centre receives sufficient notice of cancellation (at least 48 hours), a refund of fees may be available. Cancellations within 48 hours may incur a 20% cancellation fee.
No refund is given for non-attendance or cancellation on day of training.