TLILIC2005 – Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
This course covers all the requirements for obtaining a national High Risk Work Licence (Class WP) for boom-type elevating work platforms.
Successfully completing this course will allow you to operate any boom-type elevating work platform, including self-propelled, trailer mounted and truck mounted boom lifts with a height or reach of 11m or more within Australia.
This course does not cover the requirements for operating vertical lift types or scissor lift type EWPs. A Yellow Card Trained Operator Licence will be required for these types of EWP.
Total duration is 3 days. Training is over two full days and SafeWork NSW assessment is conducted on the third day.
Fees and Charges
The course fee is $720.00 per person (GST exempt). This fee includes the SafeWork NSW assessment fee and all course materials. This includes one (1) SafeWork NSW assessment. An additional fee of $150 will be charged if any extra SafeWork NSW assessments are required.
Please contact us for group training rates.
A SafeWork NSW Licence Application Fee of $70.50 applies when the successful applicant lodges the paperwork at a WorkCover NSW authorised post office. You will also be required to supply a passport sized photo for your licence. Most Post Offices can take these passport photos (approx. $14.95 for 4 photos).
The training is conducted at Workplace Training Centre facilities located at Arndell Park NSW 2148.
Training can also be conducted on site with the following requirements:
- Suitable training room with tables, chairs and whiteboard
- Boom lift in serviceable condtion (no faults and up to date service history)
- Safe area to operate machinery
Travel and parking costs may apply to onsite training.
Day 1 – Presentation, discussion and EWP operational activities
Day 2 – Practical training, theory review, and unit of competence assessment (formative assessment).
Day 3 – Assessment conducted by a SafeWork NSW accredited assessor (summative assessment).
- On completion of the course, participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge to:
- Plan Operations: Hazard management and consultation
- Pre-operational Inspections: forklift and associated equipment
- Shift Loads: Lifting at varying heights and travelling through obstacles
- Conclude Operations: Parking, securing the equipment and following site specific procedures
Upon successful completion of the SafeWork NSW assessment, a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment is issued TLILIC2005 – Licence to Operate a Boom-Type Elevating Work Platform (boom length 11 metres or more) and a High Risk Work Licence (class WP) will be issued by SafeWork NSW once the application is submitted to Australia Post*.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
SafeWork NSW (previously WorkCover NSW) conditions for assessment:
- Applicants to be at least 18 years of age
- Able to produce 100 points or more of identification as per the SafeWork NSW identification checklist.
- Speak and understand English at a level to be able to participate in the training and assessment
- Note: Verbal assessments can be arranged for applicants with writing and reading difficulties. (an extra charge applies)
Where Workplace Training Centre receives sufficient notice of cancellation (at least 48 hours), a refund of fees may be available. Cancellations within 48 hours may incur a 20% cancellation fee.
No refund is given for non-attendance or cancellation on day of training.
|MON 1/4/19 - WED 3/4/19||Arndell park||$720|
|MON 8/4/19- WED 10/4/19||Arndell park||$720|
|MON 29/4/19 - WED 1/5/19||Arndell park||$720|
|MON 6/5/19 - WED 8/5/19||Arndell park||$720|
|MON 13/5/19 - WED 15/5/19||Arndell park||$720|
|MON 20/5/19 - WED 22/5/19||Arndell park||$720|
|MON 27/5/19 - WED 29/5/19||Arndell park||$720|
|MON 3/6/19 - WED 5/6/19||Arndell park||$720|
|WED 12/6/19 - FRI 14/6/19||Arndell park||$720|
|MON 17/6/19 - WED 19/6/19||Arndell park||$720|
|MON 24/6/19- WED 26/6/19||Arndell park||$720|