RIIWHS202D – Enter and Work in a Confined Space
MSMWHS201 – Conduct Hazard Analysis
MSMPER200 – Work in accordance with an Issued Permit
MSMWHS216 – Operate Breathing Apparatus
MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres
This course covers the requirements for those who are required to work in confined spaces in accordance with Australian Standard 2865.2009.
Successfully completing this course will allow you to identify, plan, enter and work in confined spaces with or without a breathing apparatus. This course does not cover the requirements for supervising confined space entry or issuing work permits.
This course meets Sydney Water confined space entry requirements
Total duration is 2 days. Training and assessment is conducted on each day.
Fees and Charges
The course fee is $550.00 per person (GST exempt).
This fee includes all course materials.
Please contact us for group training rates.
Training can be conducted at Workplace Training Centre’s facilities located in Arndell Park NSW.
Training can also be conducted on your site providing the following requirements are met:
- Training room with tables, chairs and screen (or blank wall for a projector)
- Suitable confined space or simulated confined space for practical training
- Appropriate PPE and equipment for the practical scenarios
Travel and parking costs may apply to onsite training.
- Day 1 – Presentation, discussion and confined space entry activities
Practical entry exercises, knowledge and practical assessments
- Day 2 – Presentation, discussion and breathing apparatus activities
Practical breathing apparatus exercises, knowledge and practical
On completion of the course, participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge in:
- Legislative Requirements: WHS, Australian Standards and Codes of Practice
- Identify confined spaces
- Planning to work: Hazard management, exposure standards and consultation
- Following Procedures: Equipment inspections, atmospheric testing, entry permits and reporting
- Confined Space Entry: Access, egress, height safety, rescue
- Equipment use: PPE, breathing apparatus, atmospheric monitors, communications
- Conclude Work: Clean up, inspection, storage and reporting
Upon successful completion of the course, a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment:
- RIIWHS202D – Enter and Work in a Confined Space
- RIIRIS201D- Conduct Local Risk Control
- MSMPER200 – Work in accordance with an Issued Permit
- MSMWHS216 – Operate Breathing Apparatus
- MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres
and a convenient wallet sized card is issued by Workplace Training Centre.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Workplace Training Centre’s conditions for assessment:
- Able to produce sufficient identification with name and photo (ie drivers licence, passport etc).
- Speak and understand English at a level to be able to participate in the training and assessment.
- Note: Oral assessments can be arranged for applicants with writing and reading difficulties.
Where Workplace Training Centre receives sufficient notice of cancellation (at least 48 hours), a refund of fees may be available. Cancellations within 48 hours may incur a 20% cancellation fee.
No refund is given for non-attendance or cancellation on day of training.