EWP Controlled Descent Escape and Rescue
UETTDRRF08 – Perform EWP controlled descent escape
UETTDRRF03 – Perform EWP rescue
This course covers the use of EWP controlled descent escape procedures, including rescuing a person from a raised EWP. It specifies the requirements and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions.
Successfully completing this course will allow you to escape or assist with a rescue from an EWP with an Emergency Descent Device or Controlled Descent Device.
Total duration is 4-6 hours. Training and assessment is conducted on the same day.
Fees and Charges
The course fee is $350.00 per person (GST exempt). This fee includes all course materials.
Travel and parking costs may apply to onsite training
Training can be conducted at Workplace Training Centre’s facilities located in Arndell Park NSW.
Training can also be conducted on your site providing the following requirements are met:
- Training room with tables, chairs and screen (or blank wall for a projector)
- Boom-type EWP (in serviceable condition with no faults and operator manual present)
Please contact us for group training rates.
- Presentation, discussion and rescue activities
- Knowledge and Practical Assessment
On completion of the course, participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge to:
- Legislative Requirements: WHS and Australian Standards
- Limitations of rescue equipment and anchorages
- Inspecting equipment in accordance with manufactures specifications and industry procedures
- Identify faulty equipment
- Demonstrating safe emergency descent from a raised EWP
- Demonstrating and assist in rescue of a victim from a raised EWP
Upon successful completion of the course, a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment UETTDRRF08B – Perform EWP controlled descent escape, UETTDRRF03B – Perform EWP rescue and a convenient wallet sized card is issued by Workplace Training Centre.
All attendees must have obtained HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation if you wish to obtain UETTDRRF03 – Perform EWP rescue.
If HLTAID001 has not been obtained, only UETTDRRF08 – Perform EWP controlled descent escape will be completed.
Workplace Training Centre advises the completion of either WP HRW licence or EWPA Yellow Card.
Workplace Training Centre’s conditions for assessment:
- Able to produce sufficient identification with name and photo (ie drivers licence, passport etc).
- Speak and understand English at a level to be able to participate in the training and assessment.
- Note: Oral assessments can be arranged for applicants with writing and reading difficulties.
Where Workplace Training Centre receives sufficient notice of cancellation (at least 48 hours), a refund of fees may be available. Cancellations within 48 hours may incur a 20% cancellation fee.
No refund is given for non-attendance or cancellation on day of training.
|FRI 20/3/20||Arndell Park||$350|