This course covers the requirements for refreshing, updating and reassessing forklift operator’s knowledge and skill.
Over time, forklift operators may become complacent, forget rules or learn bad habits. Refresher training can help an employer to overcome these issues and demonstrate their Duty of Care under the WHS Act.
Successfully completing this course will allow you to refresh your knowledge and skill whilst also being updated in current industry practices.
Total duration is 4 hours. Training and reassessment is conducted on the same day.
Fees and Charges
The course fee is $200.00 + GST per person.
This fee includes all course materials.
Please contact us for group training rates.
Training can be conducted at Workplace Training Centre’s facilities located in Arndell Park NSW.
Training can also be conducted on your site providing the following requirements are met:
- Training room with tables, chairs and screen (or blank wall for a projector)
- Suitable clear operating area
- Forklift (in serviceable condition with no faults and operator manual present)
- Low, Medium and High lifting levels, such as pallet racking with varied types of loads
Travel and parking costs may apply to onsite training.
Presentation, discussion and practical exercises.
Knowledge and practical assessments.
On completion of the course, participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge to:
- Plan Operations: Hazard management and consultation
- Pre-operational Inspections: forklift and associated equipment
- Shift Loads: Lifting at varying heights and travelling through obstacles
- Conclude Operations: Parking, securing the equipment and following site specific procedures
Upon successful completion of the course, a certificate of completion is issued by Workplace Training Centre.
Must hold a current High Risk Work Licence (class LF).
Workplace Training Centre’s conditions for assessment:
- Speak and understand English at a level to be able to participate in the training and assessment.
- Note: Oral assessments can be arranged for applicants with writing and reading difficulties.
Where Workplace Training Centre receives sufficient notice of cancellation (at least 48 hours), a refund of fees may be available. Cancellations within 48 hours may incur a 20% cancellation fee.
No refund is given for non-attendance or cancellation on day of training.