Book multiple courses and pay less.
Discounts available if you book multiple courses or have a group.
Call us 1300 668 141
Operate Gantry or Overhead Crane - RIIHAN305D Course Description
This course covers the requirements for operating a gantry or overhead crane which is controlled by pendant or wireless remote.
Successfully completing this course will allow you to operate any gantry, bridge, jib or wall mounted crane with three (3) or less powered motions.
Short/Cross travel is one motion; Long/Length travel is a second motion; and Hoist raise or Hoist lower is a third motion.
This course does not
cover the requirements for a gantry or overhead crane with four (4) or more powered motions. A High Risk Work Licence (class CB) is required for this type of crane.
There are no prerequisites for this course. Workplace Training Centre’s conditions for assessment:
- Able to produce sufficient identification with name and photo (ie drivers licence, passport etc).
- Speak and understand English at a level to be able to participate in the training and assessment.
- Note: Oral assessments can be arranged for applicants with writing and reading difficulties.
On completion of the course, participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge to:
- Plan Operations: Hazard management and consultation
- Pre-operational Inspections: Crane and associated equipment
- Set up: Crane and lifting equipment
- Transfer Loads: Shift loads with slings or lifting devices
- Conclude Operations: Shut down and park crane following site specific procedures
Total duration is 4-6 hours (depending on prior experience). Training and assessment is conducted on the same day.
- Presentation, discussion and overhead crane activities
- Practical training on crane
- Knowledge and Practical Assessment
Upon successful completion of the course, a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment RIIHAN305D – Operate a Gantry or Overhead Crane and a convenient wallet sized card is issued by Workplace Training Centre.
Training must be conducted on your site with the following requirements:
- Training room with tables, chairs and screen (or blank wall for a projector)
- Suitable clear operating area
- Gantry or other overhead crane (with current service history, free from faults and operator manual present)
- Suitable load and lifting gear
Travel and parking costs may apply to onsite training.
Fees and Charges
The course fee is at a group rate of $1500.00 (GST exempt).
This fee includes all course materials.
Please contact us for group training rates.
Where Workplace Training Centre receives sufficient notice of cancellation (at least 48 hours), a refund of fees may be available. Cancellations within 48 hours may incur a 20% cancellation fee.
No refund is given for non-attendance or cancellation on day of training.