Book multiple courses and pay less.
Discounts available if you book multiple courses or have a group.
Call us 1300 668 141
Height Safety Equipment Inspector and Record Keeping
This course covers the requirements for those who are required to inspect working at heights safety equipment such as harnesses, lanyards, energy absorbers, inertia reels and karabiners as part of the requirements in AS1891.4.
Successfully completing this course will allow you to inspect, create registers and tag height safety equipment.
This course does not
cover any requirements for repairing or servicing height safety equipment.
Workplace Training Centre requires completion of RIIWHS204D – Work Safely at Heights (or equivalent)Evidence of completion must be provided prior to course commencement.
Height Safety Equipment Inspector and Work Safely at Heights can be completed on the same day with prior arrangement.
Inspector course will commence at the conclusion of Work Safely at Heights. Workplace Training Centre’s conditions for assessment:
- Able to produce sufficient identification with name and photo (ie drivers licence, passport etc).
- Speak and understand English at a level to be able to participate in the training and assessment.
- Note: Oral assessments can be arranged for applicants with writing and reading difficulties.
On completion of the course, participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge to:
- Legislative Requirements: WHS and Australian Standards
- Inspecting and testing equipment in accordance with manufactures specifications and industry procedures
- Identify faulty equipment
- Quarantining of equipment
- Record keeping, including fault reporting
Total duration is 4 hours. Training and assessment is conducted on the same day.
- Presentation, discussion and inspection activities
- Knowledge and Practical Assessment
Upon successful completion of the course, a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment MEM15004B – Perform Inspection and a convenient wallet sized card is issued by Workplace Training Centre.
Training can be conducted at Workplace Training Centre’s facilities located in Arndell Park NSW.
Training can also be conducted on your site providing the following requirements are met:
- Training room with tables, chairs and screen (or blank wall for a projector)
Travel and parking costs may apply to onsite training.
Fees and Charges
The course fee is $350.00 per person (GST exempt).
($300.00 if completed with Work Safely at Heights - RIIWHS204D)
This fee includes all course materials.
Please contact us for group training rates.
Where Workplace Training Centre receives sufficient notice of cancellation (at least 48 hours), a refund of fees may be available. Cancellations within 48 hours may incur a 20% cancellation fee.
No refund is given for non-attendance or cancellation on day of training.