Book multiple courses and pay less.
Discounts available if you book multiple courses or have a group.
Call us 1300 668 141
TLILIC4009A - Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 60 tonnes)
This course covers all the requirements for obtaining a national High Risk Work Licence (Class C6) for slewing mobile cranes with a lifting capacity of up to 60 tonnes.
Successfully completing this course will allow you to operate any mobile cranes (up to 60t), any non-slewing crane (such as telehandlers or Franna cranes) and vehicle loading cranes (such as Hiab’s and Palfinger’s) within Australia.
Until further notice from SafeWork NSW (previously WorkCover NSW), C6 will also cover the licencing requirements for a Reach Stacker
This course does not cover the requirements for slewing mobile cranes over 60t. A High Risk Work Licence (Class C1 or CO) is required for this type of slewing mobile crane.
There are no prerequisites for this course. SafeWork NSW (previously WorkCover NSW) conditions for assessment:
- Applicants to be at least 18 years of age
- Able to produce 100 points or more of identification as per the SafeWork NSW identification checklist.
- Speak and understand English at a level to be able to participate in the training and assessment.
- Note: Oral assessments can be arranged for applicants with writing and reading difficulties. (an extra charge applies)
On completion of the course, participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge in:
- Plan Operations: Hazard management and consultation
- Pre-operational Inspections: Crane and associated equipment
- Set up: Outriggers, crane boom and lifting equipment
- Transfer Loads: Shift loads with slings and mobile loads
- Conclude Operations: Shut down and pack up crane and equipment following site specific procedures
Total duration is 5 days. Training is over four full days and SafeWork NSW assessment is conducted on the fifth day.
Day 1 – Presentation, discussion and crane operational activities
Day 2 – Presentation, discussion and crane operational activities
Day 3 – Practical training and theory review
Day 4 – Practical training, theory review and unit of competence assessment
Day 5 – Assessment conducted by a SafeWork NSW accredited assessor
Upon successful completion of the SafeWork NSW assessment, a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment is issued (TLILIC4009A - Licence to Operate a slewing mobile crane up to 60t) and a High Risk Work Licence (class C6) will be issued by SafeWork NSW once the application is submitted to Australia Post*.
Training can be on your site providing the following requirements are met:
- Training room with tables, chairs and screen (or blank wall for a projector)
- Suitable clear operating area
- Slewing mobile crane with a lifting capacity of 60t or less (with current service history, free from faults and operator manual present)
- Suitable load approximately 50% of the cranes lifting capacity at 40% reach
Travel and parking costs may apply to onsite training.
Fees and Charges
The course fee is $2000.00 per person (GST exempt). This fee includes the SafeWork NSW assessment fee and all course materials. This includes one (1) SafeWork NSW assessment. An additional fee of $250 will be charged if any extra SafeWork NSW assessments are required.
Deposit of 50% is required with balance due prior to training.
Please contact us for group training rates.*Licence Fee
A SafeWork NSW Licence Application
Fee of $70.50 applies when the successful applicant lodges the paperwork at
a SafeWork NSW authorised Post Office. You will also be required to
supply a passport sized photo for your licence. Most Post Offices can
take these passport photos (approx. $14.95 for 4 photos).
Where Workplace Training Centre receives sufficient notice of cancellation (at least 48 hours), a refund of fees may be available. Cancellations within 48 hours may incur a 20% cancellation fee.
No refund is given for non-attendance or cancellation on day of training.
More information can be found on our website or a hard copy can be obtained from the office.