Licence to operate an Order Picking Forklift truck – TLILIC2002
This course covers all the requirements for obtaining a national High Risk Work Licence (Class LO) for order picking forklifts.
Successfully completing this course will allow you to operate any forklift which raises a person for the specific purpose of stock picking within Australia. This course does not cover the requirements for counterbalance or reach truck forklifts (with or without a personnel platform/man cage). A High Risk Work Licence (Class LF) is required for this type of forklift.
Total duration is 3 days. Training is over two full days and SafeWork NSW assessment is conducted on the third day.
Fees and Charges
The course fee is $500.00 per person (GST exempt).
This fee includes the SafeWork NSW assessment fee and all course materials. This includes one (1) SafeWork NSW assessment. An additional fee of $150 will be charged if any extra SafeWork NSW assessments are required.
Please contact us for group training rates.
A SafeWork NSW Licence Application Fee of $70.50 applies when the successful applicant lodges the paperwork at a SafeWork NSW authorised Post Office. You will also be required to supply a passport sized photo for your licence. Most Post Offices can take these passport photos (approx. $14.95 for 4 photos).
Training can be conducted at Workplace Training Centre’s facilities located in Arndell Park NSW.
Training can also be conducted on your site providing the following requirements are met:
- Training room with tables, chairs and screen (or blank wall for a projector)
- Suitable clear operating area
- Order Picking Forklift (in serviceable condition with no faults and operator manual present)
- Low, Medium and High lifting levels, such as pallet racking
Travel and parking costs may apply to onsite training.
- Day 1 – Presentation, discussion and forklift operational activities
- Day 2 – Practical training, theory review, and unit of competence assessment (formative assessment).
- Day 3 – Assessment conducted by a SafeWork NSW accredited assessor
On completion of the course, participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge to:
- Plan Operations: Hazard management and consultation
- Pre-operational Inspections: Order picking forklift and associated equipment
- Shift Loads: Stock picking, working at heights and travelling through obstacles
- Conclude Operations: Parking, securing the equipment and following site specific procedures
Upon successful completion of the SafeWork NSW assessment, a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment is issued (TLILIC2002 – Licence to Operate an Order Picking Forklift Truck) and a High Risk Work Licence (class LO) will be issued by SafeWork NSW once the application is submitted to Australia Post*.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
SafeWork NSW (previously WorkCover NSW) conditions for assessment:
- Applicants to be at least 18 years of age
- Able to produce 100 points or more of identification as per the SafeWork NSW identification checklist.
- Speak and understand English at a level to be able to participate in the training and assessment.
- Note: Oral assessments can be arranged for applicants with writing and reading difficulties. (an extra charge applies)
Where Workplace Training Centre receives sufficient notice of cancellation (at least 48 hours), a refund of fees may be available. Cancellations within 48 hours may incur a 20% cancellation fee.
No refund is given for non-attendance or cancellation on day of training.
More information can be found on our website or a hard copy can be obtained from the office.