This course covers the use of pedestrian operated forklifts or pallet trucks.
Successfully completing this course will allow you to operate any pedestrian operated forklift, including push around, motorised walk-behind or motorised riders within Australia. This course does not cover the requirements for a counterbalance, reach truck or order picking forklifts. A High Risk Work Licence (Class LF or Class LO) is required for these types of forklift.
Total duration is 3-4 hours. Training and reassessment is conducted on the same day.
Fees and Charges
Please contact us for group training rates.
Training is conducted on your site and the following is required:
- Training room with tables, chairs and screen (or blank wall for a projector)
- Suitable clear operating area
- Pedestrian operated forklift (in serviceable condition with no faults and operator manual present)
- Low, Medium and High lifting levels, such as pallet racking with varied types of loads
Travel and parking costs may apply to onsite training.
Presentation, discussion and practical exercises.
Knowledge and practical assessments.
On completion of the course, participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge to:
- Plan Operations: Hazard management and consultation
- Pre-operational Inspections: forklift and any associated equipment
- Shift Loads: Lifting at varying heights and travelling through obstacles
- Conclude Operations: Parking, securing the equipment and following site specific procedures
Upon successful completion of the course, a certificate of completion and a convenient wallet sized card is issued by Workplace Training Centre.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Workplace Training Centre’s conditions for assessment:
- Applicants to be at least 14 years and 9 months of age
- Speak and understand English at a level to be able to participate in the training and assessment.
- Note: Oral assessments can be arranged for applicants with writing and reading difficulties. (an extra charge applies)
Where Workplace Training Centre receives sufficient notice of cancellation (at least 48 hours), a refund of fees may be available. Cancellations within 48 hours may incur a 20% cancellation fee.
No refund is given for non-attendance or cancellation on day of training.