Operate a Vehicle Loading Crane – RIIHAN307D
This course covers the requirements for operating a crane mounted to a vehicle with a lifting capacity under 10 metre tonnes
Successfully completing this course will allow you to operate any vehicle loading crane (such as Hiab’s and Palfinger’s) which have a lifting capacity under 10 metre tonnes.
This course does not cover the requirements for a vehicle loading crane with a lifting capacity over 10 metre tonnes. A High Risk Work Licence (class CV, C2 or above) is required for this type of crane.
To calculate: Max Capacity (in tonnes) x Given Boom Reach (in metres) = Metre.tonnes
ie 6.25t x 1.5m = 9.45 metre.tonnes
Total duration is 8 hours (depending on prior experience). Training and assessment is conducted on the same day.
Fees and Charges
The course fee is at a rate of $500.00 per person (GST exempt).
Minimum numbers may apply.
This fee includes all course materials.
Please contact us for group training rates
The training is conducted at Workplace Training Centre facilities located at Arndell Park NSW 2148.
Training can also be conducted on your site providing the following requirements are met:
- Training room with tables, chairs and screen (or blank wall for a projector)
- Suitable clear operating area
- Vehicle Loading Crane <10m.t (with current service history, free from faults and operator manual present)
- Suitable load and lifting gear
Travel and parking costs may apply to onsite training.
Presentation, discussion and vehicle loading crane activities
Practical training on crane
Knowledge and Practical Assessment
- On completion of the course, participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge to:
- Plan Operations: Hazard management and consultation
- Pre-operational Inspections: Crane and associated equipment
- Set up: Outriggers, Crane and lifting equipment
- Transfer Loads: Shift loads with slings or lifting devices
- Conclude Operations: Shut down and park crane following site specific procedures
Upon successful completion of the course, a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment RIIHAN307D – Operate a Vehicle Loading Crane and a convenient wallet sized card is issued by Workplace Training Centre.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Workplace Training Centre’s conditions for assessment:
- Able to produce sufficient identification with name and photo (ie drivers licence, passport etc).
- Speak and understand English at a level to be able to participate in the training and assessment.
- Note: Note: Oral assessments can be arranged for applicants with writing and reading difficulties.
Where Workplace Training Centre receives sufficient notice of cancellation (at least 48 hours), a refund of fees may be available. Cancellations within 48 hours may incur a 20% cancellation fee.
No refund is given for non-attendance or cancellation on day of training.
|SAT 7/3/20||Arndell Park||$500|
|WED 15/4/20||Arndell Park||$500|