Verification of Competence VOC
- VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCE VOC
USE FORVOC is a way for employers to prove that an operator’s skills and knowledge are up to a safe and acceptable standard.
- Price $200 +GST
- 2 hour duration
- Arndell Park
- Onsite training $1500 +GST (up to 10 people)
- Onsite training available
- Nationally recognised
- Group discounts
- Online booking available
- English a second language? Our trainers will do all they can to help
Australian legislation requires operators of plant and equipment to be competent prior to operation. Verification of Competence is an ideal way to prove whether an operator’s skills and knowledge are up to an acceptable standard.
VOC can help an employer demonstrate their Duty of Care under the WHS Act.
Duration may vary according to equipment type, but generally is 2 hours.
Fees and Charges
Please contact us for individual or group VOC rates and multiple equipment rates.
Travel and parking costs may apply to onsite VOCs.
VOC can be conducted at Workplace Training Centre’s facilities located in Arndell Park NSW.
Training can also be conducted on your site providing the following requirements are met:
- Suitable clear operating area
- Each type of equipment required (in serviceable condition with no faults and operator manual present)
- Appropriate PPE for the equipment
Travel and parking costs may apply to onsite training.
VOC OutlineVOC will require each participant to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge to:
- Plan Operations: Hazard management and consultation
- Pre-operational Inspections
- Operate plant/equipment
- Conclude Operations: Parking, securing the equipment and following site specific procedures
Plant and Equipment
Verification of competency can be conducted on the following types of equipment:
- Elevating Work Platforms
- Skid Steer Loaders
- Front End Loaders
- Mobile Cranes
- Gantry or Bridge Cranes
Upon successful completion, a Verification of Competence certificate is issued by Workplace Training Centre.
Must hold a current High Risk Work Licence for the type of equipment being used or evidence of training being previously conducted.
Evidence of completion must be provided prior to course commencement.
Workplace Training Centre’s conditions for assessment:
- Speak and understand English at a level to be able to participate in the training and assessment.
- Note: Oral assessments can be arranged for applicants with writing and reading difficulties
Where Workplace Training Centre receives sufficient notice of cancellation (at least 48 hours), a refund of fees may be available. Cancellations within 48 hours may incur a 20% cancellation fee.
No refund is given for non-attendance or cancellation on day of training.